A big thank you to Sally Jenkins for sending me this award!
The rules of the award state that I have to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass the award on to 7 more deserving bloggers.
Here are my 7 truthful things about myself (Tracy not The Literary Pig!):
1. I am an obsessive list maker (so this should be a doddle) and even more obsessive task list ticker. In 'Type Talk' (Otto Kroeger and Janet Thuessen) there is a description of someone who is so focussed on their tasks that if they complete something which is not listed they will add it, simply for the pleasure of ticking it off. Sadly, this is me.
2. I love to run along Worthing seafront at least once a week. Took up running in last couple of years and slowly increasing distance towards 10km. Perhaps jogging is a more accurate description of my pace, as I have been known to be overtaken by promenading grannies.
3. Before moving to West Sussex I rode several times a week. I do miss being around horses and would love to start riding again.
4. I have completed Stage I Counselling Module and am would like to continue with Stage 2/3. I have no burning ambition to become a professional counsellor, but I have enjoyed managing and working with people and believe these skills do help in my voluntary work.
5. I am proud to be part of a local team of volunteer drivers who take individuals to hospital/medical appointments. I also visit a 97 year old lady in a nearby village as part of a befriending initiative. I have met some really lovely and interesting people, learning lots about the history of my own village too.
6. I am not so proud to admit that I am a Chronic Procrastinator (wonder if there is a fancy term for this disorder - suggestions welcome!). Thankfully being target driven this rarely hinders my writing, as I set daily word targets which I usually hit, but it surfaces elsewhere in my daily life. I hide it well from my family but it causes much internal strife! For example I'm always putting off my blog updates, and the diet is always starting next week ...
7. I love to daydream. Running is good for this. And of course calling myself a writer gives me the perfect excuse to embrace this habit, in fact its positively part of the Job Description.
Soon I hope to announce the 7 worthy blogs that I’m passing this award on to.