Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Literary Pig's blog - a safe haven for all those afflicted with
the unbearable urge to write.

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Hairy On The Inside launch!

I can't tell you how much it means to hold a book with just my name on the cover, and I am delighted with Hairy On The Inside published by Ad Hoc Fiction. I love the cover, which totally fulfilled the brief I gave John at Ad Hoc, and now LitPig has his very own mug to match. 


The launch for my debut novella-in-flash will be hosted by Jude Higgins on Wednesday 15th September 7.30 - 9pm BST. It's a double launch with Jupiter Jones and there will be readings from both of us, along with some chat, Q&A and raffle to win copies of the two novellas. If you'd like to come along (and it would be wonderful to see some of you there) then you can request the link by following the instructions here or if you're on Twitter then DM @AdHocFiction or @BathFlashAward.

For publication day my best writing chum Wendy Clarke gave me this beautiful patio rose to mark the occasion. I'm not sure I'd keep writing without her support and our monthly goal setting (not to mention all the coffee and cake... ). 

This novella-in-flash may not have been written without the encouragement and feedback of my workshop Dream Team: Richard Buxton, Bee Mitchell-Turner and Zoe Mitchell. I owe a big thank you to Michelle Elvy, who judged the 2021 Bath Novella-in-Flash Award and shortlisted Hairy On The Inside, and much thanks to early reviewers: Vanessa Gebbie, Amanda Huggins and Tim Craig, for all their lovely cover quotes. 

If you want to hold your own copy of Hairy On The Inside then they are available to buy from Ad Hoc Fiction or Amazon. If you enjoy the read then please think about posting a review online (Amazon, Goodreads, Ad Hoc Fiction). Or just Tweet about it, all and any pics of Hairy out in the wild (perhaps with a hairy/furry friend) are welcomed and much loved!



2 comments: