3 into 1 Short Story Competition
You also have the satisfaction of knowing some of the entry fee is donated to The Arthrogryposis Group charity, click here to read more.
Details of the competition are here.
The story must incorporate and LINK these three items:
- a black queen chess piece
- a bunch of fresh flowers
- a £10 note
Any style of genre is acceptable.
- Up to 3,000 words
- Judges are authors Michael Dobbs (remember 'House of Cards') and Adele Geras (former Costa Award judge)
- £7 entry fee per story, payable via paypal or cheque
- Submission deadline is 31 July 2012
- Email entries welcome (and postal), email to email@example.com
- Story must be your own work and unpublished
- 1st Prize - £1000, 2nd - £500, 3rd - £300, 4th - £200 and best 20 stories will be published in anthology
- If posting include a separate cover sheet with title of entry and contact details, if emailing then include details in body of email.
- Read all entry rules carefully here.
And here's an anthology looking for poems or short fiction on the theme of CONNECTIONS. They want "interesting interpretations of the this theme from science to community, the physical to the thoughtful".
- Paragramdotcom has an open call for submissions for anthology to be published November 2012
- No fee to enter
- Poetry of up to 40 lines, or short fiction up to 500 words
- Submission deadline is midnight 1 July 2012
- You can submit one poem and one piece of prose
- Work must be original and unpublished
- email sjbpoetry.gmail.com (put SUBMISSION in the subject line of email). Include your name and contact details, and a one sentence biography.
- Successful authors for the anthology will be listed on the website in August.
- Unfortunately if you do make the anthology then you don't get a complimentary copy nor any royalties, you will have to buy one and they should cost no more than £7. Not everyone supports this kind of initiative, guess it depends how badly you want to see your work in print...