Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Literary Pig's blog - a safe haven for all those afflicted with
the unbearable urge to write.

Monday 16 September 2013

Where and who would you visit in time?

Here's a 'what if' question for you, if you could travel anywhere in time then where would you pick and who would you choose to meet? After spending Saturday ambling round the beautiful city of Bath in the midst of the Jane Austen Festival then perhaps you can guess my choice ... I'd pop back to Regency England to chat with Jane herself, and politely ask for a private reading of 'Pride and Prejudice'.

Incidentally the Bath Jane Austen Festival is running all week. At the weekend the city centre was dotted with colourful P&P wannabes, all looking as if they had just stepped off a TV set - the Georgian costumes were simply gorgeous. Sadly, we didn't spot a Mr Darcy look-a-like but did catch one lady, complete with pale blue dress and matching bonnet, taking a fag break outside a pub. WRONG on so many levels!

If are you near Bath this week then Jane Austen is making a daily appearance at the central library (The Podium above Waitrose) from 2pm every afternoon, where she will be reading from 'Pride and Prejudice'. Hmm ... so I don't need a time machine after all ...


6 comments:

  1. Id like to meet Mrs Beeton and then, perhaps, I might finally learn how to bake! Hey Tracy - I seem to have lost the little profile pickie by my comments (it's just a box with a cross in it) Can you see it on your computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good choice Wendy - when you return can you give me some lessons too. Would love to get on Bake-off and meet Paul Hollywood!

      No probs with the box - your pic is still appearing with your comment so not sure if anything amiss.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go to the Jane Austen festival - wish it wasn't quite so far away. I'd quite like to meet the Bronte sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look fun, Rosemary. And yes I would love to meet the Brontes when they were all young and writing those tiny books.

      Delete
  3. Id probably go and spend a day on Titanic, get off at the first port :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I really hope you get off in time, VIkki, and you were travelling First Class!

      Delete