Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Literary Pig's blog - a safe haven for all those afflicted with
the unbearable urge to write.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Double Whammy Thursday

The May issue of Freelance Market News arrived today and the indoor writer received two credits:
Letter printed
Winner of First Line Short Story Competition - where you had to continue the story on from the opening line of "It started like any other day..."

Her story 'Diary of a Redshirt' is also printed in the magazine.  One of my favourites and a nodding homage to the original Start Trek series (featuring Kirk and Co.).  We still play spot the redshirt whenever we all watch TV together - and it doesn't have to be Star Trek, works for all crime/detective/thriller/spy progs too.

Payment also came through for a Star Letter printed (last month) in What's On TV.  So not a bad week after all!

2 comments:

  1. I've recently started subscribing to FMN again after a long break & saw your story and letter.
    Well done! I'm going to challenge myself to enter each of their monthly comps. I did the Diamond poetry last month - hope I can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally - and as these are all FREE to enter then definitely worth a go. Good luck with the poetry entries :)

    ReplyDelete